Thursday, September 22, 2011

9/22/11

Wow!  This week is flying by!

Unfortunately, today has not been a great day in 4th grade.  We accomplished lots of learning, but the students are really struggling with talking when they should not be.  Mr. Olsen had to take 5 minutes of their recess away for how loud the students were in the lunchroom, and I had to take an additional 5 minutes of recess away for their behavior in PE, as well as all of the talking in class when I needed them to be listening.  I told the students that, for me to accomplish my job and do it well, they need to do their job (following the rules) well, also.  Hopefully, losing 10 minutes of recess gave them time to think about how they can do better tomorrow.  I am looking forward to a better day tomorrow.  I know I have great students in my class, and I know what great behavior they have shown me in the past, so I hope we can get back to that point!

Homework for tonight:
* Math - None
* Science - None
* Social Studies - None
* Language Arts - Popcorn bag book report - 9/28
* Mrs. Duvall's Guided Reading Group - chapter 5 worksheet and chapter 5 vocab. word
* Mrs. Duvall's Word Journeys Group - 10 sentences due Monday

Reminders:
* Bring a snack and a drink tomorrow (Friday) for our class reward for filling our marble jar
* Book orders are due tomorrow (Friday)
* October 5 - Walk to School Day

Have a wonderful evening, and I look forward to having a day of excellent behavior tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment